We have been providing English law advice to French and other international clients from the heart of Paris since 1999.
Our bilingual team of English lawyers have extensive experience of providing pragmatic corporate advice to clients ranging from French listed and privately owned companies to private equity firms and investment funds. Having all spent time in both our London and Paris offices, our Paris-based lawyers work seamlessly alongside local French counsel as well as our leading specialists in London.
The work carried out by our Paris office covers a wide range of corporate transactions including mergers, acquisitions and joint ventures involving UK companies or businesses (or cross boarder or international transactions with an English law element), the formation (and subsequent funding) of UK based start-ups, corporate reorganisations and restructurings and the incorporation of UK subsidiaries and branches for existing businesses. Our Paris office is also very experienced in supporting French and other international clients with all of their UK law needs, working alongside our London-based specialist departments.
London-led transactions are also able to benefit from our Paris office's local knowledge to source the best local counsel for the specifics of the deal and then manage, through strong existing relationships, the effective and efficient delivery of that firm's services.
Contact our Paris office.
“A unique model - the only City law firm practising exclusively English law in Paris.”
Partner, leading independent Paris law firm
Recent examples of our work include advising:
Vilmorin & CIE (the world’s leading producer and vendor of vegetable seeds) on the sale of one of its UK subsidiaries, Suttons Seeds, to existing management
- Milestone Investisseurs (a Luxembourg based private equity firm) on the acquisition of three leading French brands (Maison Verte, Baranne and O'Cedar) from Reckitt-Benckiser
- LVMH on its acquisition of Hotel Saint-Barth Isle de France
- Orange on its sale of Unanimis Consulting
- Groupe Ludendo (the French retailer) on its acquisition of the iconic British toy store Hamleys
Milestone Capital Partners on its sale of Cadum to L’Oréal
- Maurel & Prom (a French oil company operating across 4 continents and who are listed on Euronext in Paris) on its US$748million sale of Hocol to Ecopetrol and the subsequent sale of Caroil to the Tuscany Drilling group for an enterprise value of CAD$300 million
Sogeval (the leading French veterinary drug company) on its acquisition of Alstoe Animal Health, the independent UK supplier of animal healthcare products
- AREVA on its acquisition of 50% of Enrichment Technology Company
- Exacompta Clairefontaine SA (the French listed manufacturer of stationery products) in connection with its acquisition of the UK company Tollitt & Harvey
- Comasec on the acquisition of the Marigold household gloves business from Reckitt Benckiser
- Keolis S.A., through its UK subsidiary Via GTI UK Limited, on its joint ventures (in order to make joint bids for rail franchises) with GB Railways Group plc and then subsequently with FirstGroup plc