Press Releases

19 December 2013

Travers Smith advises on US$13m investment by 'Big Brother' producer Endemol in Plumbee

A Travers Smith team led by corporate partner William Howard has advised existing client Plumbee Limited and its founders in connection with the US$13 million investment in Plumbee by Endemol, the world's largest independent television and digital production company.

more

18 December 2013

Travers Smith advises Benchmark Holdings Plc on AIM IPO

A Travers Smith team, led by corporate finance partner Anthony Foster, advised Benchmark Holdings plc on its AIM IPO and institutional placing to raise £27.5 million (before expenses) for the company and £17.6m for existing shareholders. Total gross proceeds from the placing amounted to £45.1 million, making this the largest fundraising in the healthcare sector this year on AIM.

more

17 December 2013

Travers Smith advises Bridgepoint Development Capital on its investment in Quotient Clinical

A Travers Smith team led by corporate partner Helen Croke has advised Bridgepoint Development Capital on its acquisition of Quotient Clinical Limited and the associated equity arrangements.

more

17 December 2013

Travers Smith advises on the sale of Matrix-Data

Travers Smith private equity partner Paul Dolman has advised the shareholders of Matrix-Data Limited on the sale of 60% of the company to FactSet Research Systems Inc (NYSA:FDS) for £12,000,000 with the ability for Factset to acquire the remaining 40% interest for an aggregate consideration for 100% of the share capital of £20,000,000.

more

16 December 2013

Travers Smith advises Equistone Partners Europe on the acquisition of MDNX and EasyNet

A Travers Smith team, led by Private Equity partner James Renahan, has advised Equistone Partners Europe on the simultaneous acquisition of MDNX Group and Easynet. The combination of MDNX and Easynet will create the largest independent network and hosting integrator in Europe with the merged operations operating under the Easynet brand going forward. As part of the deal, LDC and MDNX management have also acquired a stake in the combined business.

more

10 December 2013

Travers Smith advises Kester Capital LLP on the acquisition of Frontier

Travers Smith private equity partner Paul Dolman has advised a newco funded by funds advised by Kester Capital LLP on the management buyout of Frontier Medical Products Limited ("Frontier").

more

05 December 2013

Travers Smith advises Arria NLG plc on its admission to AIM

A Travers Smith team, led by corporate finance partner Anthony Foster, have advised Arria NLG plc on its admission to AIM by way of introduction. Travers Smith have advised Arria NLG, over the past 18 months, on its investment in Data2Text Limited (a spin-out from the University of Aberdeen) and on several rounds of private pre-IPO fundraising culminating in the acquisition of the shares in Data2Text which it did not own, and its listing on AIM of both shares and warrants.

more

05 December 2013

Travers Smith advises Bridgepoint on the acquisition of Cambridge Education Group

A Travers Smith team lead by private equity partner Edmund Reed has advised Bridgepoint on the agreement to acquire educational services provider Cambridge Education Group (CEG) from Palamon Capital Partners in a deal worth £185 million.

more

04 December 2013

Travers Smith advises TA Associates on the acquisition of CMOSIS

Travers Smith private equity partner Paul Dolman is advising a newco funded by funds advised by TA Associates on the management buyout of CMOSIS, a supplier of high performance standard and custom CMOS image sensors.

more

02 December 2013

Travers Smith advises Bridgepoint Development Capital on its acquisition of a stake in marine and engineering consultancy LOC Group

A Travers Smith team led by corporate partner Helen Croke and corporate associate Joanna Roberts has advised Bridgepoint Development Capital on its acquisition of a stake in LOC Group, the international provider of marine and engineering assurance services to the offshore oil & gas marine markets.

more