Equity Capital MarketsFriday, 27 November 2015
Our Equity Capital Markets work covers initial public offerings (IPOs), secondary issues (including rights issues, open offers, vendor placings and capitalisations) and related matters (including block trades, capital reorganisations, share buy-backs and demergers).
For two years running our ECM team completed more European IPOs than any other London firm, and we are amongst the highest ranked firms in the legal directories for Corporate M&A.
Our ECM team includes a London-based US Securities Law Group, meaning that as well as being able to advise on all UK aspects of any equity offering, we are also able to advise issuers, underwriters and other market participants on securities offerings in the United States.
"Travers Smith is very much seen as an extension of our internal team; they not only helped us to set up our business and successfully complete the IPO in a challenging market, but did so with complete dedication, uncompromising support and in good humour."
Andrew Jones, Chief Executive Officer, Metric
Recent examples of our Main Market IPO work include advising:
- Polypipe Group plc on its £490m IPO
- Merlin Entertainments plc and its management team on its $3.3bn IPO
- Pets at Home Group Plc and its management team on its £1.28bn IPO
- McColl Retail Group on its £200m IPO
- the management of Spire Healthcare Group plc on its £840m IPO
- Ranger Direct Lending Fund on its $200m IPO
- Canaccord on the £175m IPO of Eurocell plc
Recent examples of our AIM IPO work include advising:
- Canaccord Genuity on its £170m AIM IPO of Patisserie Valerie
- Marshall of Cambridge Group on the £115m AIM IPO of its subsidiary, Marshall Motors
- Jefferies International Ltd as Nomad and Broker to the £80m AIM IPO of Xeros Technology Group
- Espirito Santo as nominated adviser, broker and financial adviser on the £83m AIM IPO of National Accident Helpline
- Numis Securities on the £80m IPO of Shoe Zone plc
- Benchmark Holdings plc on its £87m AIM IPO