Equity Capital Markets
Our Equity Capital Markets work covers IPOs (including on the Official List, AIM and SFM), secondary issues (including rights issues, open offers, vendor placings and capitalisations) and related matters (including capital reorganisations, share buy-backs and demergers).
Since 2000, we have acted on over 150 flotations and public equity offerings
advising sponsors/nominated advisers, companies and selling shareholders. We are
ranked Tier 1 for Corporate Finance: AIM and Mid-Market by Chambers Guide to the
UK Legal Profession.
As well as being able to advise on all UK aspects of any equity offering, we are also able to advise on all US security law aspects, which is particularly important for any sizeable offering.
“Travers Smith is very much seen as an extension of our internal team; they not only helped us to set up our business and successfully complete the IPO in a challenging market, but did so with complete dedication, uncompromising support and in good humour.”
Andrew Jones, Chief Executive Officer, Metric
Recent examples of our work include advising:
- London Mining on its £72m placing of new ordinary shares and US$90m convertible loan note
- Numis Securities Limited in its role as financial adviser and sponsor to Domino's Pizza on its move from AIM to the Official List
- Panmure Gordon on the move of Qatar Investment Fund plc from AIM to the
- Collins Stewart as nominated adviser and broker to Playtech Limited on the
company´s £100m institutional placing
- Peel Hunt as nominated adviser and broker to Sphere Medical Holdings on its
£14m institutional placing on AIM
- Panmure Gordon on the £41m AIM IPO of WANdisco plc
- Advised NBNK Investments plc on its £50m IPO
- Marwyn Management Partners plc on the reverse takeover of AIM-quoted
Praesepe plc for a total consideration of approximately £39.4m to be satisfied
by the issue of approximately 36 million ordinary shares
- Microfocus International plc on its return of capital by way of B&C Share Scheme
including a facility of US$275m in connection with the funding of a proposed