Environment & Operational RegulatorySunday, 30 August 2015
Our Environment & Operational Regulatory Law Group provides market-leading advice and support on a range of compliance and other operational risks and liabilities.
These days nothing can move, or so it seems, without some regulation or potential liability impinging upon it. To make matters worse, policy makers and advisers all too often focus on the problems, rather than finding user-friendly solutions. At Travers Smith we take a different approach. In addition to simply identifying the key issues, our dedicated team of experienced and commercially-minded specialists, provide practical and innovative solutions. Our aim is to make effective compliance and liability management as painless and cost effective as possible.
"...a force to be reckoned with."
The Legal 500
A commercial and solution-orientated service. Our Group prides itself on its commercial yet robust advice. Our expertise, which is based on a wealth of regulatory, contentious and transactional experience, ensures a considered approach to what are often complex and emotive issues.
Commitment. Developing deep and long-term relationships with clients is central to our approach. We feel strongly that only through this investment of time and effort can we fully understand our clients´ businesses and needs (both now and in the future).
The right team. In addition to our own leading individuals, thanks to the firm´s independent status, we can tailor genuine and truly dedicated cross"‘border legal teams using the leading environmental, public law and regulatory specialists in any given jurisdiction. We also have strong links with a number of leading international technical consultancies, insurance brokers, lobbyists and PR firms.
"...a major push into the environment sector."
The Legal 500
Recent highlights include advising:
- GDF Suez on regulatory and environmental challenges associated with its entry into the UK's onshore unconventional (shale) gas market
- Nike, Inc. on product stewardship issues ranging from REACH compliance through to participation in a voluntary Greenpeace initiative restricting hazardous substance use
- private equity houses such as Bridgepoint and The Carlyle Group on the application of the UK's CRC Energy Efficiency Scheme and the development of CRC compliance programs
- a logistics company on defending a serious health & safety at work prosecution in the Crown Court
- U.S. pharmaceuticals company on product safety concerns and potential EU and UK product recall
- Bridgepoint on Healthcare and clinical regulatory controls associated with its acquisition of Quotient Clinical, a clinical testing and development business
- an industrial landlord on voluntary clean-up of a heavily contaminated UK site and defending formal designation and enforcement action
- Phoenix Equity Partners on its disposal of ASCO, the oil and gas logistics company, and in particular the successful management via environmental insurance and vendor due diligence of compliance and contamination issues associated with facilities across Europe, Canada, the USA and Trinidad
- Bosch Solar Energy on the acquisition and development of a large solar park in Trefullock, England and in particular the UK's various renewable energy incentives
- U.S. aerospace manufactures on UK export controls and sanctions