Litigation & Regulatory Defence
On nuisance, complex environmental indemnity claims or large multi-claimant exposure cases, our team, with the support from the firm's award winning litigation department, has the expertise to help clients successfully overcome the legal, commercial and reputational challenges associated with such civil litigation.
In addition, the team has a strong track record of defending and challenging overzealous and disproportionate regulatory enforcement action.
Areas of particular expertise include:
- criminal proceedings
- defending & responding to enforcement action
- civil claims & group litigation/class action
“This environment team provides support on […] various nuisance and health and safety cases.”
Recent highlights include advising:
- Merlin Entertainments Group on defending high profile civil and criminal noise nuisance cases involving Alton Towers
- Palletways (UK) Limited on defending a complex health & safety at work prosecution in the Crown Court
- an industrial landlord on voluntary clean-up of a heavily contaminated UK site and defending formal designation and enforcement action