Clients of Travers Smith's stand-alone pensions practice include a wide range of the UK's largest and medium-sized pension funds.
Every client is different but they all value our broad experience, in-depth knowledge and common sense approach.
“Travers Smith provides a strong legal spotlight on the key pension issues we face.”
Recent work includes:
- changing benefits for future service, including new money-purchase, career-average, cash-balance and other risk-sharing arrangements
- overhauling scheme rules to reflect and comply with recent legislation
- advising on funding covenants and scheme-specific arrangements for reducing deficits
- negotiating and documenting security arrangements, including guarantees, charges, escrow accounts and letters of credit in connection with leveraged takeovers and other corporate change
- scheme mergers, demergers, terminations and winding-up
- the pensions aspects of many UK and cross-border corporate transactions
- negotiating agreements with fund managers, custodians, administrators and other providers for a variety of mandates
- documenting derivative contracts and investments in private equity and hedge funds
- reviewing trusteeship and governance arrangements
- handling all types of pensions-related claims and disputes, including IDR and Ombudsman complaints, High Court proceedings and alternative dispute resolution
- responding promptly to a full range of technical queries that clients raise daily
- keeping clients up to date through seminars, newsletters, technical guides and trustee training