The secondaries market is rapidly maturing with a diversity of transactions and vendors. Travers Smith is highly regarded in the Private Equity space and we have an award winning practice focused on providing transactional excellence.
We are one of the few legal advisors with core skills across all the specialist secondaries issues and as a result we are well positioned, with a wealth of experience in Tax and Fund creation and structuring for secondaries market transactions. This balance of due diligence experts, tax, and fund specialists means we are able to offer objective, commercial and pragmatic advice on a timely basis.
Recent examples of work undertaken in this area include advising:
- Nova Capital Management on the acquisition of the Barloworld Scientific Laboratory Group of businesses, from Barloworld Limited, the South African listed international industrial company
- An insurance business on the sale of various limited partnership interests to CSP Secondary Opportunities II Unit Trust
- 3i on the disposal of a portfolio of assets
- A large pension fund on the sale of assets held in various Hg Capital funds (limited partnership interests and units in a unit trust)
- Nomura International on the sale of a partnership interest in Vertex Israel II (C.I) Fund L.P to Vintage Venture Partners III (Cayman) L.P. and Vintage Venture Partners III (Israel)
- Nova Capital on the aborted purchase of a portfolio from 3i
- GE Pension Fund on the sale of interest in SEP and SEP II
- Bridgepoint on the disposal of a portfolio of assets