We are a high-quality, partner-led, full-service real estate department which is consistently ranked by Chambers as a top-tier firm for mid-market transactions. We offer exceptional technical legal expertise as a given with the added commercial and industry acumen to offer our clients practical legal solutions which reflect the commercial drivers behind our clients' objectives and the broader real estate market in which we operate.
Our clients are primarily UK and international real estate funds and real estate private equity funds. We build long-term relationships with our clients through providing consistent teams and active partner involvement.
We have a strong reputation across a wide range of asset-classes, with particular strength in the healthcare, leisure, student accommodation and energy & infrastructure sectors.
We provide support across the full life-cycle of any real estate project: from buying, selling, leasing and managing property to development schemes, joint ventures, investment structures, financing, dispute resolution, planning, environmental and construction matters.
"Their overall service and commerciality are excellent. They understand the client's needs and tailor service accordingly. They are extremely focused."
Our recent work includes advising:
- Patron Capital on the acquisition, development and disposal of a portfolio of care homes across the south of England to a US REIT and Canadian pension fund
- Cinnamon Care Capital on its development and finance arrangements relating to a portfolio of existing and future care home development sites in the UK
Hotels & Leisure
- BTC Group on its acquisition of the former Bow Street Magistrate's Court and Police Station in Covent Garden for redevelopment into a 100-bedroom luxury hotel with a GDV of c.£125m
- Clearbell Capital on its acquisition of a mixed-use scheme comprising 100,000sqft of offices, a 100-bedroom hotel and a 620-seat cinema together with retail and car parking in Coventry for £20m
- Voreda LLP on the £100m sale of its interest in a 600-bed student accommodation scheme at Imperial College's new campus in White City, London
- Lothbury Property Trust on its acquisition of a 424-bed student accommodation scheme in Durham £40m and 120-bed student accommodation scheme in the former Southwark Town Hall building
- Warburg HIH Global Invest on its £146m disposal of a multi-let City of London office building at 100 New Bridge Street to a Middle-Eastern investor
- Sale of Pinewood Group (including Pinewood and Shepperton film studios) to Airmont Capital for £320m
Energy & Infrastructure
- Brookfield Utilities on its district utility network installations at Kings Cross Central and Greenwich Millennium Village regeneration schemes
- Breedon Aggregates on its £336m acquisition of Hope Construction Materials which operated across more than 1,000 acres of quarry and cement-plant sites in the UK
- Debevoise & Plimpton LLP on the relocation of its UK office from Tower 42 to Gresham Street in the City
- ArcelorMittal on a series of surrenders and lease renewals and Berkeley Square House in Mayfair
Follow the Real Estate Team