Real EstateSaturday, 1 August 2015
The Real Estate department advises on all aspects of real estate: from buying, selling and leasing property to development schemes, joint ventures, investment structures, financing, estate management, licensing, property disputes, litigation and dispute resolution, planning, environment and construction.
We advise on the establishment and operation of property investment funds and structured finance schemes with emphasis on tax efficiency. Our clients are diverse - they include UK and overseas private investors, investment funds, developers, pension funds, government and statutory agencies, unit trusts, retailers, service operators, manufacturers, charities, hospital trusts, hotel, pub and leisure operators, financial institutions and professional enterprises.
"the team at Travers Smith continues to impress with its commerciality and responsiveness... a class act."
Our recent work includes advising:
- The Peel Group on the sale of the Trafford Centre to Capital Shopping Centres for £1.6bn
- The refinancing of Bicester Village Shopping Centre, worth more than £300 million, by a syndicate of banks led by Westdeutsche ImmobilienBank
- A series of high profile lettings at Burlington Arcade, including Jimmy Choo, Lulu Guinness, Penhaligon's and Crockett & Jones
- HIH Global Invest on the acquisition of 100 New Bridge Street for £110m
- The sale of four buildings in Grosvenor Crescent, Belgravia, for an Irish client
- Amcorp Properties on the sale of 40 and 50 Eastbourne Terrace for circa £80m
- McAleer & Rushe on the sale of W Hotel Leicester Square for circa £200m
- ArcelorMittal in relation to the ArcelorMittal Orbit at the Olympic Park
- Peel Group on the sale of Liverpool John Lennon Airport, Robin Hood Airport Doncaster Sheffield and Durham Tees Valley Airport
- Harvey Nash on its new offices at the Heron Tower
- Foster + Partners on its new offices at Hester Road adjacent to their London headquarters in Battersea
- Index Ventures on its new offices at Burlington Gardens
- Harbert European Real Estate Fund on their sale of a portfolio of distribution centres for circa £80m
- Lothbury Property Trust on the development and letting of internet distribution centres for Tescos
- Garbe Logistics on the letting of a distribution centre in Milton Keynes to Waitrose and its subsequent sale to the Prudential
Real Estate - recovery
- The administration of Blacks and the sale of approximately 300 stores to JD Sports
- The administration of the Birthdays Group and acquisition of part of the group by Clinton Cards
- The acquisition out of administration of Hawkins Bazaar