The Construction group advises a diverse spectrum of clients, including developers, investors, pension funds, retailers, government and statutory agencies, consultants and banks on all aspects of construction and engineering development projects.
Our advice covers drafting and negotiating the construction aspects of agreements for lease, development agreements, building and engineering contracts and collateral warranties and acting on the resolution of disputes including those involving arbitration and adjudication.
The Construction group, led by Kofi Atta, has acted on a number of complex major construction projects in England and Northern Ireland and is increasingly involved in international projects, having recently advised on schemes in India and Eastern Europe.
“Nothing is too much of a problem for this technically proficient property team.”
Our recent work includes acting for:
- Pinewood Shepperton plc on the redevelopment of the Albert Brocolli 007 Stage which burnt down in 2006
- Criterion on the redevelopment of the Trocadero Centre in London's West End
- Peel Holdings on its development of the Media Centre in Salford
- the joint venture between Shepperton Studios and Morley on the redevelopment of the studios
- McAleer & Rushe on the demolition and redevelopment of the Swiss Centre in London's West End into a luxury hotel, casino and retail complex
- McAleer & Rushe on the construction of two hotels in King's Dock, Liverpool
- Fimalac on its acquisition of a major site in Canary Wharf and the subsequent construction of a 14-storey building
- the Bank of Ireland on the financing of the redevelopment of the Connaught Hotel