Our Infrastructure Practice advises infrastructure funds, utility companies and both core and core plus infrastructure companies on a wide range of matters including joint ventures and consortium arrangements, capital raisings, public and private mergers and acquisitions, restructurings, strategic and financial investments, regulatory and compliance matters and disputes.
We apply our extensive experience in acting for private equity funds and UK corporates to advising on infrastructure acquisitions.
In addition, we have a dedicated Investment Funds group that has advised on the establishment of a number of infrastructure funds and the participation in funds by investors.
Recent examples of our work include advising:
- Ancala Midstream Acquisitions Limited on the acquisition of Apache Beryl I Limited's 30.28 per cent. interest in the Scottish Area Gas Evacuation (SAGE) system and its 60.56 per cent interest in Beryl pipeline.
- Funds managed by Ancala Partners on the agreed acquisition of South Downs Capital Limited, the holding company of Portsmouth Water Limited.
- Basalt Infrastructure Partners (formerly Balfour Beatty Infrastructure Partners) on their acquisition of Wightlink from Macquarie European Infrastructure Fund.
- Basalt Infrastructure Partners (formerly Balfour Beatty Infrastructure Partners) on their public takeover of Alkane Energy plc.
- Funds managed by Ancala Partners on their acquisition of the entire issued share capital of Biogen.
- Funds managed by Ancala Partners on their acquisition and subsequent disposal of Green Highland Renewables.
- Funds managed by Ancala Partners on their acquisition of 21 solar farms from Anesco.
- Arjun Infrastructure Partners on the acquisition of various Solar Farms from Hazel Capital and Anesco.
- Dee Valley Group PLC on the recommended cash offer by Severn Trent Plc for the entire issued share capital of Dee Valley.
- Challenger Infrastructure Fund on the sale of its interests in the Inexus Group to Brookfield Asset Management.
- Challenger Infrastructure Fund on the sale of its interests in LBC Terminals Jersey to a consortium of pension funds.
- Challenger Infrastructure Fund on the sale of its 15.6% stake in Southern Water.
- GLIL Infrastructure LLP in relation to its further fund-raising round, which has increased its total deployable capital to £1.275bn.
- Pensions Infrastructure Platform on the structure and formation of the PiP Multi-Strategy Infrastructure Fund.
- Pensions Infrastructure Platform on the fundraising of its debut fund, PIP Multi-Strategy Infrastructure LP.