Travers Smith advises on acquisition of SSE WaterThursday, 22 August 2019
Wednesday, 20 February 2019
Travers Smith LLP has advised Leep Utilities on its agreed acquisition of SSE Water Limited from SSE plc for an undisclosed sum.
Leep Utilities is a joint-venture between Ancala Partners LLP, the mid-market infrastructure investment manager, and the Peel Group, one of the UK’s leading private real estate investment and infrastructure companies.
SSE Water Limited is the largest New Appointments and Variations (NAV) company operating in the UK’s water sector owning water networks that supply around 20,000 customers across 28 sites in southern England and Wales. This acquisition adds to the breadth of Leep’s expertise allowing it to provide a multi-utility adoption offering to developers across the UK.
The Travers Smith team was led by Corporate Partner Spencer Summerfield with support from Senior Counsel Jonathan Walters. Other team members providing specialist advice on the transaction included:
- Regulatory & Environment: Doug Bryden (Partner), John Buttanshaw (Senior Associate)
- Tax: Russel Warren (Partner), Kathleen Williamson (Associate)
- Competition: Nigel Seay (Head of Competition), Alana Tinkler (Senior Associate).
- Commercial: Richard Brown (Partner), Michael Cuthbertson (Senior Associate).
- Employment: Tim Gilbert (Partner), Tess Gilligan (Associate).