Aaron is the head of the listed funds practice at Travers Smith. He regularly advises investment trusts, REITs, offshore funds, VCTs and their sponsors on admissions to and fundraisings on all London markets. Aaron's practice encompasses fund mergers, corporate acquisitions, reconstructions, recapitalisations and management contract renegotiations. He has particular expertise in dealing with activist shareholders.
Aaron's work also includes advising on UK and cross-border corporate finance, fundraising and M&A transactions for corporate and fund clients.
Aaron is a regular speaker on the listed funds market and shareholder activism.
Recent work includes advising:
- Zegona Communications on its €140m return of capital and €700m disposal of Telecable
- Impact Healthcare REIT in connection with its IPO
- Ranger Direct Lending Fund on its $200m Official List IPO
- Aberdeen Asset Management on the US$650m merger of 13 Cayman hedge funds and feeders
- Fundsmith Emerging Equities Trust on its £193m Official List IPO
- Marwyn Value Investors on an innovative Guernsey amalgamation of listed funds and subsequent admission to the Specialist Fund Market
- Liberum Capital as sponsor and sole bookrunner of the £200m Main Market IPO of P2P Global Investments
- Area Property Partners on its merger with Ares management to create a $8bn AUM fund manager
- Metric Property Investments on its IPO and subsequent £811m recommended all-share merger with London & Stamford Property
- J.P. Morgan Cazenove and Numis Securities on the £165m fundraising for Capital & Regional
Legal 500 describe Aaron as having ‘a pragmatic, practical and business-friendly approach as well as a keen eye for detail’.