Adam is a Partner in Travers Smith’s corporate department. Adam specialises in UK and international private equity transactions and M&A, acting for founders, management teams, corporate clients and institutional investors. He has acted on a wide variety of transactions including exits, acquisitions, investments and general corporate matters.
Adam is a core member of the Management Advisory Group focussing on advising management teams on all aspects of M&A transactions and, in particular, their equity incentivisation terms.
Recent experience includes advising the management teams of:
- Civica on its acquisition by Partners Group, and new incentive arrangements with, a company backed by OMERS Private Equity
- Source ETF on the sale of the business to Investco
- Parkdean Resorts on the merger of Parkdean and Park Resorts under the ownership Epiris and Alchemy and the subsequent sale of the merged business to Onex
- LGC on the acquisition by, and new incentive arrangements with, a company backed by KKR
- British Car Auctions on its £1.2bn sale to Haversham Holdings
- Premium Credit Limited on its £462m acquisition by, and new incentive arrangements with, a company backed by Cinven Partners
- RAC on the company's part sale to GIC and the new equity arrangements with The Carlyle Group and GIC and the subsequent sale by Carlyle of its interests to CVC
- Nets in relation to the $3.1bn sale to, and new equity arrangements with, a consortium comprising Bain, Advent and a Danish pension provider
- Big Bus Tours on the acquisition by, and new incentive arrangements with, a company backed by Exponent
- V. Group on the acquisition by Advent International and reinvestment by OMERS
- Partnerships in Care in relation to the sale of a portfolio of 22 hospitals by its ultimate parent company Acadia Healthcare Company, Inc. to BC Partners
- Liberation Group Limited, the Channel Islands' market-leading pub, restaurant and drinks business, on its acquisition by Caledonia Investments plc
- Center Parcs on its acquisition by, and new incentive arrangements with, a company backed by Brookfield Property Partners
- A-Plan Insurance on the acquisition by, and new incentivisation arrangements with, a company backed by Hg Capital
- Gorkana Group on the acquisition by, and new equity arrangements with, a company backed by Cision
- Byron Burger Limited on the acquisition by, and new incentivisation arrangements with, a company backed by Hutton Collins
Other transactional experience includes advising:
- Deutsche Telekom on its acquisition of GTS Central Europe
- The founder shareholders on the sale of Nair & Co to Hg Capital
- Leeds Equity Partners on a £66m minority investment in INTO University Partnerships Limited
- Lyceum Capital on the sale of McKinnon & Clarke Energy Group to trade
Adam is a regular speaker at BVCA private equity training courses for institutional executives and at the BPP law school in connection with M&A practice in the City.
Adam has been recognised by Legal 500 (2017) as a next generation lawyer.