Adam is a Partner in Travers Smith’s corporate department. Adam specialises in UK and international private equity transactions and M&A, acting for founders, management teams, corporate clients and institutional investors. He has acted on a wide variety of transactions including exits, acquisitions, investments and general corporate matters.
Transactional experience includes advising:
- TA Associates on the acquisition of the single strategy asset management business from Old Mutual Wealth (now Merian Global Investors)
- TA Associates and management on their strategic reinvestment in The Access Group alongside new investor Hg
- Caledonia Investments plc on its acquisition of Cooke Optics (Cooke), the UK manufacturer of premium-end cinematography lenses for the film, television and advertising industries
- Deutsche Telekom on its acquisition of GTS Central Europe
- The founder shareholders on the sale of Nair & Co to Hg Capital
- Leeds Equity Partners on its minority investment in INTO University Partnerships Limited
- Lyceum Capital on the sale of McKinnon & Clarke Energy Group to trade
Adam is a core member of the Management Advisory Group focusing on advising management teams on all aspects of M&A transactions and, in particular, their equity incentivisation terms. Recent experience includes advising the management teams of:
- STADA on the $4.1bn take-private by Cinven and Bain of the German pharmaceutical company from the German stock exchange
- Nets Holding A/S on the $5.3bn take-private by H&F of Scandinavia's largest payment processor from the Copenhagen stock exchange
- Unilever on the terms of their re-investment in the Upfield Group, which acquired Unilever's baking, cooking and spreading business
- PGL on its acquisition by, and new incentive arrangement with, a company backed by Midlothian Capital Partners ("MCP")
- Loveholidays on its sale to Livingbridge
- Civica on its acquisition by, and new incentive arrangements with, a company backed by Partners Group
- Source ETF on the sale of the business to Invesco
- Parkdean Resorts on the merger of Parkdean and Park Resorts under the ownership of Epiris and Alchemy and the subsequent sale of the merged business to Onex
- LGC on the acquisition by, and new incentive arrangements with, a company backed by KKR
- British Car Auctions on its £1.2bn sale to Haversham Holdings
- Premium Credit Limited on its £462m acquisition by, and new incentive arrangements with, a company backed by Cinven Partners
- RAC on the company's part sale to GIC and the new equity arrangements with The Carlyle Group and GIC and the subsequent sale by Carlyle of its interests to CVC
- Big Bus Tours on the acquisition by, and new incentive arrangements with, a company backed by Exponent
- V. Group on the acquisition by Advent International and reinvestment by OMERS
- Liberation Group, the Channel Islands' market-leading pub, restaurant and drinks business, on its acquisition by Caledonia Investments plc
- Center Parcs on its acquisition by, and new incentive arrangements with, a company backed by Brookfield Property Partners
- A-Plan Insurance on the acquisition by, and new incentivisation arrangements with, a company backed by Hg Capital
Adam has been recognised by Legal 500 (2018) as a next generation lawyer.
Adam is a regular speaker at BVCA private equity training courses for institutional executives and at the BPP law school in connection with M&A practice in the City.
Adam has been rated as "Highly regarded" IFLR 1000.