Adam qualified at Travers Smith in 2009 and became partner in 2018. He advises UK and overseas employers on employment and business immigration issues. Whilst he operates across a wide range of sectors Adam has particular experience in the financial services and technology sectors.
Adam’s experience includes advising employers on executive dismissals, board disputes and disputes with current and former employees including senior executive issues and whistleblowing. He carries out investigations for corporates and runs litigation in the Employment Tribunal and High Court. He also advises clients on business immigration issues. In addition, Adam supports employers carrying out changes programmes and the employment aspects of corporate and commercial transactions, including TUPE and redundancy exercises.
Adam’s recent work includes:
- successfully defending a whistleblowing claim in the Employment Tribunal brought against a leading financial services business
- advising on the transfer of employees on Tier 2 visas on the set up of a JV
- advising on TUPE and redundancy in connection with the sale in multiple parts of a financial services business
- quarterbacking a Europe-wide bonus scheme review for a financial services firm
- carrying out an investigation following a whistleblowing complaint at a major PLC
- successfully defending a multi-million pound discrimination claim in the Employment Tribunal
- advising on the establishment of a US business' UK branch, including obtaining a sole representative visa and putting in place UK employment contracts and policies
- advising on gender pay issues including carrying out equal pay audits and presenting to boards on reducing the gender pay gap
Adam regularly speaks at seminars and delivers training to HR teams and managers. Adam is recommended by Legal 500.