Alex joined the Travers Smith Real Estate team as Partner in 2018. Alex represents clients in high-value commercial real estate transactions with a particular focus on development and regeneration projects. His client base is predominantly private equity backed investors and he manages investments and developments through their full life cycle. He has a strong reputation for managing cross-practice teams.
Alex advises clients including British Land, CBRE Global Investment Partners, Delancey/DV4, LondonMetric and Meyer Bergman.
Alex's experience includes*:
- Advising DV4 on the regeneration of Elephant & Castle, London.
- Advising L1 Retail on the acquisition of Holland & Barrett from The Nature's Bounty Co. and The Carlyle Group for £1.77 billion.
- Advising CBRE Global Investors on the acquisition of Park Plaza Hotel for £160 million.
- Advising CBRE GIP's European Co-Investment Fund on the acquisition of a portfolio of assets from Prologis UK.
- Advising Antirion SGR on the acquisition of 50 percent interest in the new Amazon HQ at Principal Place.
- Advising LondonMetric on the disposal of Pierpoint Retail Park for £24 million.
- Advising LondonMetric on the sale of Fordton Retail Park.
- Advising DV4 on the joint venture with APG Asset Management and Qatari Diar Real Estate Investment Co. to create £1.4 billion home rental business in London with 4,000 homes.
- Advising Bank of East Asia on providing £121.5 million facility for development of residential and commercial property in central London.
- Advising Meyer Bergman on the sale of iconic Waterstones building on Piccadilly, London to CBRE Global Investors and Fabrica SGR for £92 million.
- Advising Shin Kong Life Insurance on the acquisition of 40 Gracechurch Street office building from Cornerstone Real Estate Advisors for £136.15 million.
- Advising Goldman Sachs and Highgate Hotels on the acquisition of K+K Hotels Group.
- Advising Bank of East Asia on providing secured term loan facility for financing acquisition and development of hotel in central London.
- Advising Bank of East Asia on the refinancing of existing facility for development of premium residential property in central London.
- Advising Whitgift Centre Croydon on the sale to Westfield/Hammerson joint venture.
- Advising LondonMetric on the joint venture with LVS II Lux X S.a r.l. for £175 million acquisition of portfolio of 27 commercial properties.
- Advising DV4 Limited obtaining £100 million facility for development of Tribeca Square.
*Includes experience from prior firm