Andrew joined Travers Smith as a trainee in 1992 and became a partner in 2002. Andrew specialises in acquisition finance and corporate workouts.
The clients for which Andrew has acted have included:
- 3i on the acquisitions of Civica plc, Ultralase, NCP, Hobbs and Marken and the disposals of NCP and Marken
- Phoenix Equity Partners on the acquisitions of Gall Thomson Environmental, Porthaven Care Homes, L.K. Bennett, Expotel, Nationwide Autocentres, Gaucho Grill, NFT Distribution and ASCO Holdings and the disposals of Gaucho Grill and ASCO Holdings
- Lyceum Capital on the acquisitions of Eat, The Real Food Company, McKinnon & Clarke and Carewatch Services
- Darwin Private Equity on the acquisitions of Hampson Aerospace Machining and Attenda Group
- ICG on its investments in CPA Global and BaxterStorey
- ECI Partners on the acquisition of CarTrawler
- Exponent Private Equity on the acquisition of Pattonair
- Barclays Private Equity on the acquisition of Bounty (UK)
- Peel Ports on its £1.17bn facility for the acquisition of The Mersey Docks and Harbour Company and in connection with its joint venture with Rreef Pan European Infrastructure Fund
- Marken on its acquisition by management and ICG
- Trainline on its acquisition of Advanced Smartcard Technology plc
- Camden Motors on its refinancing and the disposal of Camden Corporate Fleet Services
From a corporate workout perspective Andrew acted for ntl on its $20.1bn debt restructuring and exit from Chapter 11 and the Swiss telecommunications company Cablecom on its CHF3.8bn restructuring.
Andrew has been recommended as a leading individual for high-end acquisition finance in the Chambers UK.
He is the co-author of the chapter on debt in Tolley´s Company Law.
Andrew is a key member of the sponsor facing team at Travers Smith which is ranked in Band 2 (Banking & Finance:Sponsors) by Chambers UK, 2013.