Barry trained at Travers Smith and in 2016 became a partner in our Finance Group. Barry has a broad finance practice, with a particular interest in domestic and cross-border acquisition finance. He acts for private equity sponsors and their investee companies, corporate borrowers, banks and alternative lenders.
Recent experience includes advising:
- Bridgepoint on their acquisitions of Cambridge Education Group, ASK/Zizzi, Nordic Cinema Group and Appleby Fiduciary & Administration
- Zoopla on the financing of its acquisitions of uSwitch and The Property Software Group
- Balfour Beatty Infrastructure Partners LP on their acquisition of Wightlink Ferries
- ATPI, backed by Intermediate Capital Group plc, on its acquisition of Griffin Global
- Pinewood Shepperton plc on the financing of the acquisition of its JV partner's stake in Shepperton Studios
- Silverfleet Capital Partners on their acquisitions of OFFICE, Aesica Pharmaceuticals, Cimbria and AGR
- Bridgepoint Development Capital on their acquisitions of Evander Glazing & Locks and the Energy Solutions Group
- Macquarie on its financing of the acquisition of Regard care homes
- Exponent Private Equity on their acquisition of BBC magazines
- Lyceum Capital on their acquisition of Bellrock
- 3i on their acquisitions of Marken and Chorion
- Peel Holdings in connection with an investment by Vancouver Airport Services in Peel Airports
- Peel Holdings in connection with its joint venture with Deutsche Asset & Wealth Management (formerly RREEF Infrastructure)
- Polypipe Group plc on its IPO
- the Akzo Nobel (CPS) Pension Scheme on a £1.4bn longevity swap with ReAssure (a Swiss Re affiliate)
- CLS Holdings plc on its institutional private placement of £80m senior secured notes
- A non-bank lender on various European project financings
- Various corporates and private equity investee companies on amends & extends, financial covenant resets and refinancings
Barry has completed secondments at both RBS and Babson Capital Europe and also worked in New York in the finance department of a US law firm.
Barry is a key member of the sponsor facing team at Travers Smith which was ranked in Band 3 (Banking and Finance: Sponsors) by Chambers UK, 2016.