Ben is a partner in our Commercial, IP and Technology department. He joined the firm as a trainee in 2004 and became a partner in 2014. He specialises in joint ventures, strategic alliances and commercial contracts, including outsourcing, supply of goods and services, distribution, agency and franchise agreements. He also leads the firm's leisure and hospitality group.
His recent work has included advising:
- McColl's Retail Group, on a variety of business critical commercial contracts, including most recently its major new supply deal with Morrisons
- BTC, in relation to the development and management of an exclusive new boutique hotel on the site of the old Bow Street Magistrates Court
- Nomura, on the negotiation of a critical outsourcing contract for its UK business
- Target Servicing on multiple, high value debt portfolio servicing arrangements with customers including Barclays, Deutsche Bank and GE Money
- London Resort Company Holdings, on key contracts relating to the London Resort, a major new theme park planned to be built near Ebbsfleet
- eServGlobal on a major tripartite joint venture with Mastercard and Belgacom in relation to the HomeSend mobile payments business
Ben is recommended in the Legal 500 Chambers legal directories, where he is described as having "...already impressed many of the firm's flagship clients with his insights and hard work."
Ben attended this year's Hotel Operations Conference in the summer and spoke to My Hospitality Channel, part of yBC.tv, about the challenges facing the sector. View his thoughts in the below videos.