Ben is a partner in our Commercial, IP and Technology department. He joined the firm as a trainee in 2004 and became a partner in 2014. He specialises in joint ventures, strategic alliances and commercial contracts, including outsourcing, supply of goods and services, distribution, agency and franchise agreements.
His recent work has included advising:
- Pinewood Studios on international joint ventures with partners in the US and China
- McColls Retail Group on its two major supply contracts with Palmer & Harvey and Nisa and on a number of new contracts with the Post Office
- eServGlobal on a major tripartite joint venture with Mastercard and Belgacom International Carrier Services in relation to the HomeSend mobile payments business
- Shepherd Neame on the outsourcing of its warehousing and distribution operations to Kuehne & Nagel
- Immediate Media on its licensing and contract publishing contracts with BBC Worldwide
- Taylor St Baristas on its joint venture with Tesco to create the new Harris & Hoole chain of coffee shops
Ben is recommended in the Chambers legal directory, where he is described as having "...already impressed many of the firm's flagship clients with his insights and hard work."
Ben attended this year's Hotel Operations Conference in the summer and spoke to My Hospitality Channel, part of yBC.tv, about the challenges facing the sector. View his thoughts in the below videos.