Charles became a partner in 2012 and specialises in fund finance, speciality finance, corporate lending, and general banking matters acting for financial institutions, private equity sponsors, investors and borrowers.
Charles is recommended by The Legal 500 UK, 2017 for his lender side work and "strong credentials among banking clients, with a particular niche in lending to other non-bank financial institutions."
His recent work includes advising:
- RBSI on the provision of multiple bridge term loans to SPV finco subsidiaries of a European private equity fund
- MT Finance on the sale of certain of their bridging loan assets to a global institutional investment manager
- Silicon Valley Bank on the provision of term and revolving facilities to BV GIS Solutions Holdings, a special purpose vehicle established by Battery Ventures to acquire Latitude Geographics Group
- Investec Bank on the provision of term and revolving facilities made available to affiliates of PIB Group to assist them make certain acquisitions
- Investec Bank on the provision of an acquisition facility to a Pantheon owned secondaries investment vehicle for the purpose of funding, in part, the acquisition of its interest in Marguerite Pantheon SCSp, a fund vehicle acquiring interests in underlying European infrastructure assets
- Kaluga Investments S.á r.l. (a fund managed by Elliott Advisors) on the provision of a revolving credit facility to PerfectHome Capital, a special purpose vehicle in the Perfect Home group to finance the acquisition of the beneficial title to loans originated by Temple Finance
- RBS, Shawbrook and Secure Trust Bank on the provision of term and revolving facilities made available to Non-Standard Finance plc to finance the acquisition of Everyday Loans Holdings Limited
- Citi on floating rate notes issued by a special purpose vehicle backed by The Paragon Group of Companies investment division, Idem Capital
- HSBC on the provision of facilities made available to an investment vehicle of ECI to acquire Evans Cycles
- Shawbrook Bank on various confidential financings
- Investec Bank on various confidential fund and bridge financings.
- RBS on the provision of facilities to Cambridge Holdco Limited and Compre Holdings Limited, an insurance run-off business backed by CBPE Capital.
The sponsor, lender and borrower teams in the Finance Group are ranked in Chambers UK, 2018 as 3, 4 and 4 respectively.