Danny is a partner in our Finance Group specialising in real estate, acquisition and fund finance. He joined Travers Smith as a trainee in 2003 and became a partner in 2013.
His recent work includes advising:
- RBS Group on subscription, co-invest and NAV facilities in excess of £3bn made available to major European private equity real estate funds
- A major high street bank on subscription facilities for various European infrastructure and debt funds
- Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation on subscription facilities for various European infrastructure and debt funds
- Macquarie on the financing of Montreux's £119.5m acquisition of Regard, a learning disability care homes business
- HSBC Bank plc on the financing of the acquisition of Clifford-Thames and the refinancing of Gymbox
- RBS Group on a £40m revolving credit facility made available to Jersey Electricity plc
- A major high street bank on a revolving facility made available to Maplin Electronics
- A number of private equity, private equity real estate and debt funds on their fund finance arrangements.
- Patron Capital on its development framework partnership agreement with a US REIT and the related finance arrangements
- Clearbell Capital on the financing of its acquisitions of Lingfield Point, Darlington; Earlsdon Park, Coventry; and Belgrade Plaza, Coventry
- Mansford Capital on the financing of its acquisitions of Dean & Reddyhoff marinas and City Gates, Cardiff
- Meyer Bergman on the financing of its acquisitions of Burlington Arcade and The Exchange, Ilford
- Safestore Group plc on its £425m refinancing through a mixture of bank debt and a US private placement and subsequent amend and extends
- Breedon Group plc on the financing of its £336m acquisition of Hope Construction Materials Limited
- Pinewood Group plc on the financing of the acquisition of its JV partner's stake in Shepperton Studios and the financing of its £55m development at Pinewood Studios
- Peel Group on various corporate, real estate and development facilities in excess of £500m
- Fairview New Homes on the refinancing of its existing debt facilities
- A joint venture between Fimalac and the Hearst Corporation on the refinancing of 30 North Colonnade, Canary Wharf, London
- Shazam Entertainment on debt facilities with Silicon Valley Bank, TriplePoint Capital and Barclays Bank PLC
- Blacks Leisure Group on its refinancing, restructuring and administration
- The trustees of a major pension scheme on its guarantee arrangements
Danny is listed as a leading individual for real estate finance in Chambers and Partners UK 2018 where he is described as "efficient and impressive" with sources saying: "He's incredibly well versed in financing agreements." He is also recommended for property finance in Legal 500 2017 which say he is "a great negotiator". IFLR 1000 2017 edition say he is "excellent".
Danny is one of our graduate recruitment partners and spends a significant amount of time interviewing students and attending graduate recruitment events. He is also an ambassador for Aspiring Solicitors, a free academic and careers advice service for future solicitors, and runs the firm's PRIME scheme (a City law firm-wide initiative which offers work experience to 16 and 17 year olds from less privileged backgrounds).
He is also a member of the British Property Federation finance committee and the co-author of chapters on security in Tolley's company law and on derivatives at the fund level in the inaugural GLI publication, 'Fund Finance (2017 edition)'.