Danny is a partner in our Finance Group specialising in real estate finance, fund finance and general corporate lending. He joined Travers Smith as a trainee in 2003 and has been a partner since 2013.
His recent work includes advising:
- RBS Group on subscription, co-invest and NAV facilities in excess of £3bn made available to major European private equity real estate funds.
- A major high street bank on subscription facilities for various European infrastructure and debt funds.
- Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation on subscription facilities made available to a number of debt and maritime funds.
- A wide range of private equity, private equity real estate and debt funds on their fund finance arrangements.
- Patron Capital on its development framework partnership agreement with a US REIT and the related finance arrangements, together with investment and development finance for a number of its investee companies.
- Clearbell Capital on debt facilities secured on Lingfield Point, Darlington; Earlsdon Park, Coventry; Edmund House, Birmingham; Belgrade Plaza, Coventry; and Blenheim Court, Birmingham.
- Mansford Capital on debt facilities secured on the Dean & Reddyhoff marinas portfolio and City Gates, Swansea.
- Meyer Bergman on the financing of its acquisitions of Burlington Arcade; The Exchange, Ilford; and 112-116 New Oxford Street.
- Cinnamon Care Capital on the financing of the construction of a care home in Hextable, Kent.
- Rothesay Life (as lender) on refinancing the debt facilities of a post-graduate student accommodation provider.
- Laxfield Capital (as lender) on the financing of the acquisition of a retail quarter in Swansea.
- A joint venture between Fimalac and the Hearst Corporation on the refinancing of 30 North Colonnade, Canary Wharf.
- Fairview New Homes Limited on the refinancing of its existing debt facilities.
- Safestore Holdings plc on its £425m refinancing through a mixture of bank debt and a US private placement and the financing of its subsequent acquisitions of the Space Maker and Alligator portfolios.
- Breedon Group plc on the financing of its £336m acquisition of Hope Construction Materials Limited and its £455m acquisition of Lagan Group (Holdings) Limited.
- Pinewood Group on the financing of the acquisition of its JV partner's stake in Shepperton Studios, the financing of its £55m development at Pinewood Studios and the subsequent sale of the business to Aermont.
- Peel Group on various corporate, real estate and development facilities in excess of £500m.
- Shazam Entertainment on its debt facilities with Silicon Valley Bank, TriplePoint Capital and Barclays Bank plc.
- Blacks Leisure Group on its refinancing, restructuring and administration.
Danny is listed as a leading individual for real estate finance in Chambers and Partners UK 2018 where he is described as "efficient and impressive" with sources saying: "He's incredibly well versed in financing agreements." He is also recommended for property finance in Legal 500 2017 which says he is "a great negotiator". IFLR 1000 2017 edition says he is "excellent".
Danny is co-head of graduate recruitment and spends a significant amount of time interviewing students and attending graduate recruitment events. He is also an ambassador for Aspiring Solicitors, a free academic and careers advice service for future solicitors, and runs the firm's PRIME scheme (a City law firm-wide initiative which offers work experience to 16 and 17 year olds from less privileged backgrounds).
He is also a member of the British Property Federation finance committee and speaks and writes extensively on both fund finance and real estate finance matters.