David is a partner specialising in advising trustees and employers in relation to occupational pension schemes.
He advises a broad range of clients including the trustees and employers of some of the largest occupational pension schemes in the country. These include Microsoft, Vopak, Bidvest, Vodafone, Akzo Nobel, City & Guilds, The Building Societies Association and Guilbert (Office Depot). He also provides pensions advice to the Domestic Violence Intervention Project on a pro bono basis.
David works collaboratively with his clients to provide clear and practical solutions. Recent highlights include advising on:
- the successful management of section 75 debt issues;
- restructuring pension scheme liabilities to change the sponsoring employer;
- innovative solutions to scheme funding challenges;
- the merger of two multi-billion pound pension schemes.
- innovative contractual solutions to deal with the risk of the Pensions Regulator's use of powers; and
- complex and innovative buy-ins and buy-outs.
David also has expertise in defined contribution and master trust arrangements. He speaks regularly at seminars and other events and is a member of The Society of Pension Professionals Defined Contribution Committee.
David is listed as a leading lawyer in Who's Who Legal, and is recommended by Legal 500 as ‘unbelievably smart’.