David trained at Travers Smith and became a partner in 1999. He established the firm's Paris office in the same year and, after several years of splitting his time between London and Paris, was appointed Managing Partner of the firm with effect from 1 January 2015.
David specialises in international M&A and recent work includes advising:
- Orange on the sale of Unanimis Consulting
- Milestone Capital Partners on the sale of Winncare
- Groupe Ludendo on its acquisition of Hamleys
- Milestone Capital Partners on the sale of Cadum to L´Oréal
- Farmers Group on the €81 million acquisition of BOCM Pauls
- Comasec on the acquisition of the Marigold household gloves business from Reckitt Benckiser
- Maurel & Prom on the US$748 million disposal of Hocol to Ecopetrol, and on the CAD$120 million sale of Caroil to Tuscany Drilling
Prior to his appointment as the firm's Managing Partner, David for many years headed the firm's International Committee, which coordinates the firm´s close relationships with leading independent law firms around the world.
David is also a member of the International Issues Committee of the Law Society and of the 30% Club.