Edmund is a partner in the corporate department at Travers Smith undertaking a broad range of M&A work with a particular focus on private equity.
Originally joining Travers Smith in 1994, Edmund became a partner in 2005. Between 2000 and 2004, he was an investment manager with UK private equity firm Phoenix Equity Partners where he focused on the healthcare and consumer sectors.
Edmund speaks regularly at conferences on a wide range of company law issues.
Listed as a leading individual in Chambers UK 2014, "Edmund is commended by clients for his "commercial, 'can do' approach." He has an active practice advising private equity houses on transactions."
Recent experience includes advising:
- Bridgepoint on its acquisition of Miller Homes from funds managed by GSO Capital Partners, in a transaction totalling £655 million
- Patron Capital on the sale of The Badby Group to Elysium Healthcare, the healthcare provider backed by BC Partners
- Phoenix and Management shareholders on the sale of Palletways to Imperial Holdings
- Management in relation to the sale of Guardian Financial Services to Swiss Re
- Patron Capital on the sale of Gracewell Healthcare and formation of partnership with Health Care REIT
- Foster + Partners and 3i, a longstanding client and UK listed private equity firm, on the sale of 3i's minority holding
- ECI Partners on its investment in the Management buy-out of Avantia Insurance
- ECI Partners and Management on the sale of CarTrawler to funds advised by BC Partners
- Bridgepoint on the acquisition of educational services provider Cambridge Education Group (CEG) from Palamon Capital Partners
- Management shareholders of Burton's Biscuits on its sale to a new company backed by Ontario Teachers Pension Plan