Elena trained at Travers Smith and is a partner in the tax group. She advises alternative asset managers on a wide range of tax issues and has particular expertise in:
- the structuring and formation of alternative investment funds with a focus on private equity, venture, debt, infrastructure and real estate funds;
- advising fund managers on their own internal house issues including restructurings and incentive arrangements; and
- advising institutional investors on the tax risks associated with investing in particular fund structures.
Elena’s recent work includes:
- Providing ongoing advice to a number of clients on the recent changes to partnership taxation (including salaried members, mixed members, disguised investment management fee planning and carried interest);
- Establishing a number of private equity funds and working with these clients to understand what structures would work best for them and their investors;
- Establishing a new fund for the credit division of a global fund manager;
- Advising the Pensions Infrastructure Platform on the structure and formation of the PiP Multi-Strategy Infrastructure Fund;
- Acting for SV Life Sciences on the structure and formation of the Dementia Discovery Fund;
- Advising Ranger Capital on the structure and formation of the Ranger Capital Direct Lending Fund PLC;
- Advising a real estate fund manager on the structure of its new residential fund and its investments within the student accommodation space.
Elena is a member of the Alternative Investment Management Association’s working groups on BEPS and partnerships and a member of the Income Tax Sub-Committee of the Law Society.