Emma joined Travers Smith in 2006 and is a partner in the private equity group. She has a wide range of M&A transactional experience, in particular on private equity transactions, having acted for institutional investors, management teams and investee companies on a variety of investments and disposals.
Emma is the partner responsible for our Portfolio Group, part of the private equity team focused on advising private equity-backed investee companies on corporate events in the life-cycle of a transaction between investment and exit (such as equity reorganisations, management incentive plans, refinancings and bolt ons, as well as day-to-day matters such as group simplifications, allocations of equity and compliance).
Emma has in particular worked regularly with Lyceum Capital, Equistone Partners Europe, the Carlyle Group and Camden Ventures. Some of her regular portfolio clients include Treehouse Group, Gaucho, Graze, Busaba and Vubiquity, for whom Emma undertakes day-to-day corporate advisory work.
Other recent transactional work includes:
- Advising management on the buyout and merger of the Lowell Group
- Advising management on the sale of TSL Education Group
- Advising management on the sale of Key Retirement Solutions
- Advising Carlyle Group on the acquisition of Graze
- Advising management of Pets at Home on their equity arrangements
- Advising Vubiquity/Avail TVN on its acquisition of On Demand
- Advising management on the sale of NSL to AAC Capital
- Advising the management of RAC on its sale to Carlyle