Emma is a partner in the real estate group. She advises on all aspects of commercial property transactions, with a specialism advising real estate funds and real estate private equity funds on high-value and complex investments, lettings and developments.
Emma's practice includes work in the student accommodation, logistics, office, retail, leisure and healthcare space, acting for longstanding clients including Clearbell Capital LLP and Lothbury Investment Management.
Emma's practice includes advising:
- Clearbell on disposals, most recently Lingfield Point, an 85 acre mixed-use business park in Darlington, to Frogmore.
- Clearbell on its investment purchases, including in recent years two mixed use schemes in Coventry - Belgrade Plaza and Earlsdon Park - Edmund House Birmingham (office accommodation with retail and restaurants at ground floor) and Octagon Retail Park Stoke.
- Clearbell throughout the full life cycle of ownership of its investments, including pre-lets, lettings, regears, surrenders, assignments and all other manner of management work.
- Clearbell on the ongoing comprehensive redevelopment of The Riverwalk in Durham, which includes a new Odeon cinema, riverside restaurants and a forward fund of new student accommodation to Curlew.
- Lothbury on the purchase and development of student accommodation projects in Camberwell and Durham.
- Lothbury on redevelopments and new lettings at its flagship retail holding in Covent Garden.
- Lothbury on the acquisition and subsequent pre-let of a prime logistics facility near Heathrow.
- Lothbury on a variety of other sales and purchases, lettings and asset management work across its property portfolio.
- intu on the property aspects of its financings of intu Trafford Centre.
- Safestore Holdings plc on acquisitions of other storage companies.
- Bannatyne Fitness Limited on its sale to M&G Investments and lease back of its health clubs and, subsequently, on other of its property-related transactions.
- STA Travel on lettings nationwide.
- Stonewall on the renewal of its head office.
- City YMCA with its property requirements.
Emma is a member of the Education and Training Committee, launched by the Association of Real Estate Funds and tasked with building a more extensive education and training programme for its members and engaging with a much wider audience of industry participants and investors.