George is a Partner in Travers Smith’s corporate department. He trained at Travers Smith and qualified in 2011. George specialises in UK and international private equity and M&A transactions, acting primarily for institutional investors and portfolio companies.
George has previously spent time on secondment with Bridgepoint, a major international private equity group.
George's recent work includes advising:
- Bridgepoint Development Capital on its acquisition of a majority stake in PEI Media
- TA Associates on its acquisition of Old Mutual Wealth's single strategy asset management business
- Cruise.co.uk, a portfolio company of Bridgepoint Development Capital, on its acquisition of Kreuzfahrtberater
- Estera on its acquisition of Morgan Sharpe
- CBPE Capital LLP on its acquisition of a majority stake in Xceptor
- ICG on its acquisition of the NSL Group
- Bridgepoint Development Capital on its acquisition of Inspiring Learning
- Bridgepoint Development Capital on the sale of Beck & Pollitzer
- Exponent Private Equity Partners, and other selling shareholders, on the sale of Radley London
- Stirling Square Capital Partners on its acquisition of Mettis Aerospace