Heather is a partner in our Dispute Resolution Department. She is a commercial litigator, advising a broad spectrum of clients, including corporates, banks and private equity houses across a wide range of disputes.
Heather has extensive litigation experience, specialising in high-value and complex commercial disputes and claims with international and foreign law elements. Her practice covers a variety of contractual disputes, including shareholder claims and fraud cases. She is also highly experienced in high-value tortious, environmental, group action and product liability claims. In addition, Heather acts for clients in contentious regulatory investigations, including for corporates and financial institutions.
Her recent experience includes acting for:
- Japanese smart card chip producer Renesas in a combined follow on and standalone damages claim brought in the High Court by Vodafone against our client and another addressee of the European Commission SmartCard Chips cartel decision
- the shareholders and non-executive directors of a foreign bank following discovery of a high-value fraud, defending various claims of breach of duty and misconduct and bringing a counterclaim for their losses as shareholders
- the former directors of an insolvent company defending various claims against them including breach of duty and under the Insolvency Act 1986
- a key witness in a £2 billion fraud trial involving a private equity house and a US investment bank
- defendants in Commercial Court proceedings in a dispute concerning shares in a Luxembourg company
- advising the defendants in an inquiry into damages arising from cross-undertakings given in injunctive proceedings to restrain breach of restrictive covenants
- advising various corporates in relation to litigation risk management arising from breach of product safety and health and safety law and regulation