Ian specialises in private equity and regularly advises institutional investors, portfolio companies and management teams on buy-outs, disposals, restructurings and general corporate matters.
Recent work includes advising:
- Bridgepoint and all other selling shareholders on the sale of Pret A Manger to JAB;
- Phoenix Equity Partners in relation to their acquisition of Nexus Vehicle Management;
- Bridgepoint on its acquisition of the master franchise of Burger King® in the UK
- All selling shareholders on the sale of Offsite Archive Storage and Integrated Services Holdings (OASIS) to Montagu Private Equity
- Bridgepoint and its investee company, Element Materials Technology Group, on the public to private acquisition of Exova Group plc
- Wiggle (backed by Bridgepoint) on its merger with Chain Reaction Cycles
- Hellman & Friedman on the sale of SSP
- All selling shareholders on the sale of Bridge Leisure to Phoenix Equity Partners
Ian joined Travers Smith as a trainee in 2009 and is a member of the firm's Gender Balance Group.