Ian is a partner in the corporate department at Travers Smith specialising in UK and international private equity including acting for institutional investors, management and investee companies, as well as transactional and advisory work for corporate clients. Ian trained at Travers Smith and became a partner in 2007.
Ian is recognised by Chambers UK in the field of private equity and is described as "able to mix clear legal advice with common sense" and "a very effective problem solver".
Recent experience includes advising:
- Bridgepoint on the sale of Pret A Manger to JAB
- Caledonia Investments on the acquisition of Cooke Optics
- Bridgepoint Development Capital on the acquisition of PEI Media
- Exponent Private Equity on the aqcuisition of Dennis Publishing
- Bridgepoint on the acquisition of the UK master franchise of Burger King and the acquisition of the UK franchisee Caspian
- Exponent and other shareholders on the sale of Trainline to Kohlberg Kravis Roberts (KKR)
- Bridgepoint on the acquisition of ASK Italian and Zizzi restaurants from Gondola/private equity house Cinven and the subsequent acquisition of Coco di Mama
- CBPE Capital LLP on the acquisition of a majority stake in Xceptor from SVG Capital
- Bridgepoint Development Capital on the acquisition of the claims consulting business of Hill International
- The Carlyle Group and Management on the sale of ITRS to TA Associates
- Exponent Private Equity and other selling shareholders on the sale of Immediate Media Co
- Exponent Private Equity on the acquisition of The Racing Post
- Carlyle Europe Technology Partners III fund on the secondary buyout of TestPlant Limited