Jane qualified as a solicitor in 1988 and became a partner in the firm's Financial Services and Markets Department in 1997. Jane is recognised as a leading individual in her field by the Legal 500 and Chambers UK.
She is a member of the Alternative Investment Management Association's Regulatory Committee and a member of its legal working group which is advising on the EU Alternative Investment Fund Managers Directive. She is a regular conference speaker, contributor to various legal publications and is a contributing editor of Palmer's Company Law.
Jane advises on the law, practice and regulatory requirements relating to the financial services industry and the securities markets. Clients include portfolio managers; hedge, private equity and other fund managers; investment banks; brokers; corporate finance firms and market infrastructure providers.
Her recent work includes advising on:
- complex market conduct issues including advising clients under investigation for market conduct and providing market conduct training
- the establishment, management and promotion of investment funds
- regulatory issues affecting investment managers, fund managers, brokers and corporate finance firms
- the impact of the new EU directives on financial services firms, including advising on the Alternative Investment Fund Managers Directive
- the regulatory aspects of merger activity among financial institutions
- regulatory investigations
- the development and regulation of market infrastructure, including trading platforms and securities settlement systems
Jane is also a member of the firm's Investment Funds and Regulatory Investigations groups.