Jessica is a partner in our tax department. Jessica advises on mergers and acquisitions in both the public and private space, advising corporates, private equity houses, investee companies and management teams on a wide range of transactional, structural and incentive based issues. Before joining Travers Smith Jessica worked as a legal professional in Dubai and as a death penalty defender in Malawi. She read law at Merton College Oxford and Harvard Law School.
Jessica is vice president of the AIJA Tax Law Commission and UK national reporter to the IBA Tax Commission. She has been shortlisted as a rising star by We are the City and her work has been published by AIJA and the IBFD.
Highlights of her recent experience include advising in relation to:
- The sale of Argus Media to entities backed by General Atlantic
- The main market IPO of Revolution Bars Group plc
- The sale of British Car Auctions to Haversham Holdings, followed by a fund raising on the London Stock Exchange
- The acquisition of Miller Homes by entities backed by Bridgepoint, in a transaction totalling £655 million
- The acquisition of Aspen Pumps by entities backed by 3i.
- The £800m Main Market IPO of Ascential plc