Jessica is a partner in our tax department. Jessica advises on mergers and acquisitions in both the public and private space, advising corporates, private equity houses, investee companies and management teams on a wide range of transactional, structural and incentive based issues. Before joining Travers Smith Jessica worked as a legal professional in Dubai and as a death penalty defender in Malawi. She read law at Merton College Oxford and Harvard Law School.
Jessica is president of the AIJA Tax Law Commission and is an officer of the Taxes Committee of the International Bar Association. She is a member of the All Party Parliamentary Group on Taxation. Jessica also sits on the editorial board of Thomson Reuter's Taxnet Pro.
Jessica has been shortlisted as a rising star by We are the City and her work has been published by AIJA, the IBFD and Tax Journal.
Highlights of her recent experience include advising in relation to:
- S4 Capital and Sir Martin Sorrell in respect of the establishment of the S4 Capital group and the subsequent acquisition of the MediaMonks group
- The US $731.5 million IPO of Gates Industrial Corporation group on the New York Stock Exchange
- The sale of Shazam to Apple
- The acquisition and subsequent disposal of Green Highland Renewables by funds managed by Ancala Partners
- The sale of Argus Media to entities backed by General Atlantic
- The sale of British Car Auctions to Haversham Holdings, followed by a fund raising on the London Stock Exchange
- The acquisition of Miller Homes by entities backed by Bridgepoint, in a transaction totalling £655 million
- The acquisition of Aspen Pumps by entities backed by 3i.
- The £800m Main Market IPO of Ascential plc
Jessica possesses "outstanding technical abilities"
Legal 500 2018