Jon is a partner in the corporate finance group specialising in domestic and international M&A, equity capital markets and corporate advisory, including public company takeovers and public and private equity fundraisings, advising quoted and private companies and financial intermediaries.
Recent work has included advising:
- Breedon Group plc on its £336 million acquisition of Hope Construction Materials, the acquisition of Lagan Group Limited for a consideration of £455 million and the divestment of 14 ready-mixed concrete plants pursuant to two separate agreements with Tarmac Trading Limited and The Concrete Company Limited.
- Numis Securities Limited in its capacity as sponsor, financial adviser and joint bookrunner and Panmure Gordon Limited in its capacity as joint bookrunner in connection with the £55.9 million placing of new shares by Hilton Food Group plc in connection with its acquisition of Icelandic Group UK Limited for £80.8 million
- Numis Securities Limited in its capacity as sponsor in connection with the combination of AVEVA Group Plc with the Schneider Electric industrial software business
- Canaccord Genuity Limited and Numis Securities Limited in their capacity as joint underwriters and bookrunners on the £53.5 million vendor placing and concurrent £5.m cash placing by accesso Technology Group plc
- Numis Securities Limited in its capacity as sponsor, broker, underwriter and joint financial adviser in connection with the proposed £200 million firm placing, placing and open offer, and offer for subscription by IP Group plc
- Numis and Goodbody on the £100 million capital raising by Draper Esprit plc, its £120 million IPO and admission to trading on AIM and the ESM
- Shore Capital as sponsor and joint bookrunner and Pamure Gordon as joint bookrunner on the firm placing and placing and open offer by Chesnara plc
- Technetix in relation to an equity investment by Liberty Global Ventures
- The sellers of Aviate Global, the equities brokerage business, to Northern Trust
- Pace, the UK provider of broadband and pay TV technology, on its US$2.1bn sale to Arris, a US-based broadband media technology company
- Micro Focus international software an d application management solutions group, on the $1.2bn merger with the Attachmate Group, a global provider of enterprise infrastructure software solutions
- McQueen, the consumer-focused corporate advisory boutique, on its sale to Houlihan Lokey
- Mallett PLC on its takeover by The Stanley Gibbons Group plc
- The Bank of London and The Middle East in connection with the implementation of a corporate reorganisation and its introduction and its US$510m admission to trading on NASDAQ Dubai
Jon has been recommended by The Legal 500, M&A: upper mid-market and premium deals, £250m+.