Jonathan is a Partner in our Corporate Finance Group. He advises on public and private M&A, joint ventures and equity capital markets with a particular focus on M&A transactions in the infrastructure sector.
Jonathan regularly provides advice to the full spectrum of clients including public and private companies, infrastructure funds and other financial sponsors on a range of corporate finance transactions. The majority of his work focuses on advising key infrastructure funds on the acquisition and disposal of companies within the sector, as well as portfolios of infrastructure assets.
Jonathan's recent experience includes advising:
- Ancala Partners on the acquisition of South Downs Capital Limited, parent company of Portsmouth Water Limited, from South Downs Trustees Limited as trustee of the South Downs Employee Benefit Trust
- Arjun Infrastructure Partners on the acquisition of two combined heat and power plants from iCON Infrastructure Partners II and its co-investors
- Leep Utilties on the acquisition of SSE Water, the largest New Appointments and Variations (NAV) company operating in the UK’s water sector
- Basalt Infrastructure Partners on its public takeover offer for Alkane Energy, and subsequent sale to Infinis Energy Management Limited
- Ancala Partners on the acquisition of an interest in the Scottish Area Gas Evacuation System (SAGE) and the Beryl Pipeline
- Ancala Partners on the acquisition of 21 Solar Farms from Anesco Limited
- Arjun Infrastructure Partners on the acquisition of 3 Solar Farms from Hazel Capital and 10 Solar Farms from Anesco Limited
- Perseus Mining Limited in relation to its public takeover of Amara Mining PLC
"They're good at coming up with innovative ideas about how to structure things and have a real problem-solving approach" (Chambers UK 2019)
"Travers Smith LLP's particular strength lies in acting for sponsors and infrastructure funds in mid-market brown field transactions." (Legal 500 UK 2018)
"I've found them exceptional. They're very personable, incredibly responsive, and I value their efficiency in work turnarounds." (Chambers UK 2018)