Madeline trained at Travers Smith and is a partner in the Tax Group. She specialises in advising large and mid-sized corporates on public and private M&A, tax structuring including pre-IPO reorganisations and equity and debt restructurings, and complex advisory work. She also has experience in advising asset managers, private equity houses and real estate investment trusts.
Madeline is a frequent speaker at internal and external conferences.
Selected mandates include advising:
- Bridgepoint and management on the sale of Pret A Manger to global investment firm JAB
- Impact Healthcare REIT plc on the tax structuring of its IPO and subsequent acquisitions
- Shazam Entertainment Limited on its proposed acquisition by a subsidiary of an American multinational technology company
- Ongoing advisory and tax structuring work for the Peel Group
- Microfocus on the reverse merger with HP
- Safestore Holdings plc on its £56 million acquisition of Stork Self Storage Limited
- ZPG plc on the acquisition of the property data company Hometrack for £120m followed by its up to £140m acquisition of financial services price comparison business Money, the operator of the money.co.uk website
- Ascential on the sale of Ascential Exhibitions to ITE Group plc for £300 million, subject to shareholder approval
- Arrowgrass on the tax structuring of its investment in Dreamland