Paul joined Travers Smith in 2010 and became a partner in the real estate team in July 2016. He advises on a diverse range of real estate transactions with a particular focus on corporate/M&A and real estate finance transactions. Paul's practice covers many sectors including healthcare, hotels, leisure, retail, logistics, energy and infrastructure. Recent deal experience includes advising:
- French institutional investors on their financing arrangements for the acquisition of a £750m portfolio of 14 luxury four and five star hotels in the UK;
- Microfocus International on the multi-jurisdictional real estate aspects of its $8.8bn acquisition of a global software business from Hewlett Packard Enterprise and the subsequent sale and separation of its global SUSE software business for $2.5bn to EQT Partners;
- Qatari-based investors on their acquisition of a Grade II listed former Court and Police Station building in Covent Garden for redevelopment into a 100-bedroom luxury boutique hotel with a gross development value of c.£125m;
- Brookfield Utilities on its infrastructure and utility contracts at major regeneration development projects including Kings Cross Central and Greenwich Millennium Village;
- Several infrastructure funds including Macquarie, Ancala, Basalt and Arjun on the acquisition and financing of a diverse range of energy and infrastructure assets, including solar farms, ferry terminals, anaerobic digestion plants and coal mine methane facilities in the UK;
- Gist Limited on the real estate elements of its £300m UK and Ireland commercial logistics arrangements with Marks & Spencer Plc;
- Mansford on its acquisition, management and financing of a multi-site yachting marina business in the UK;
- Cinnamon Care Capital on its financing and development arrangements for a portfolio of operational care villages in the UK;
- Impact Healthcare REIT on the acquisition and financing of a portfolio of operational care homes in the UK
- Laxfield Capital on the acquisition financing of a city centre mixed-use retail and leisure facility in the UK;
- Ciel Capital on the acquisition, financing, joint venture arrangements and subsequent disposal of hotel and serviced apartment assets in the UK.
Paul sits on the City of London Law Society Land Law Committee.