Paul advises on a diverse range of real estate transactions with a particular focus on advising real estate funds on the acquisition, development, management, financing and disposal of assets across a broad range of sectors, including healthcare, leisure and energy and infrastructure. Paul also has considerable experience in advising on real estate finance transactions.
Paul recently advised Qatar-based BTC Group in its acquisition of the former Bow Street Magistrates and Police Station building in Covent Garden with planning for redevelopment into a 100-bedroom luxury boutique hotel with a gross development value of c.£125m. Paul also acted on the development and subsequent £200m disposal of the W Hotel in Leicester Square for McAleer & Rushe. Paul has also recently advised Brookfield Utilities on its infrastructure and utility contracts at the Kings Cross Central and Greenwich Millennium Village regeneration projects as well as advising Macquarie and Ancala on their PV solar system portfolios.
Paul’s additional experience also includes advising:
- Benson Elliot Capital Partners on its £25m disposal of a mixed use commercial office and retail building (CBXII) in Milton Keynes;
- Voreda LLP on its funding and development arrangements with Imperial College for the development of a £150m research and translation hub facility at Imperial West;
- Mansford Capital on the acquisition and management of a portfolio of yachting marinas;
- Debevoise & Plimpton LLP on their London HQ relocation to Gresham Street;
- Gist Limited on the real estate aspects of its warehouse and distribution arrangements;
- Jaguar Capital the disposal of City office premises at 10 Queen Street Place for c.£250m
Patron Capital on the acquisition and disposal of a portfolio of care homes to a US REIT for c.£150m
Peel Group on the real estate aspects of its investment portfolio and utilities businesses at Princes Docks in Liverpool