Philip is a partner in the corporate department and is Head of Corporate M&A and ECM.
Philip has a broad corporate practice based on domestic and international M&A work. He specialises in corporate finance, particularly public company takeovers, mergers, acquisitions, disposals and primary and secondary equity issues, and advises a number of quoted companies and financial intermediaries on the UKLA Listing Rules and Disclosure Guidance and Transparency Rules, the Prospectus Rules, the AIM Rules, the Takeover Code and general company law.
Philip is ranked by Chambers UK for Corporate/M&A work (high end capability).
He is also recognised in the ‘Who’s Who of International M&A and Corporate Governance Lawyers.’
Representative work includes advising:
- Carpetright plc on its company voluntary arrangement, debt refinancings and £65 million Placing and Open Offer
- Zeus Capital Limited, Numis Securities Limited, and Stockdale Securities Limited on the £310 million Official List IPO of JTC plc
- Deloitte, Liberum Capital and Zeus Capital on the £70 million Placing and Open Offer by Xafinity plc
- Canaccord Genuity Wealth Management on the £79.5 million acquisition of Hargreave Hale Limited
- Zeus Capital on the £190 million Official List IPO of Xafinity plc
- Zeus Capital, Investec Bank and Peel Hunt on Purplebricks Group plc's £50 million placing to fund its expansion into the United States
- Steinhoff International Holdings on its £1.4 billion takeover approach to Home Retail Group
- Conforama Investissement on its £673 million cash offer for Darty
- Zeus Capital on the £240.3 million AIM IPO of Purplebricks
- Phoenix Equity Partners on the £250 million Official List IPO of The Gym Group
- Canaccord Financial on its £253 million recommended cash and share offer for Collins Stewart Hawkpoint
- Close Brothers Group on its £26 million recommended cash offer for Cavanagh Group
- TA Associates on the £755 million Official List IPO of Jupiter Fund Management
- Ashtead Group on the £95.6 million auction sale of Ashtead Technology Rentals
- Fulcrum Group on its US $295 million merger with the Funds Services division of Butterfield Bank