Rob Fell is a partner in our Dispute Resolution Department and Regulatory Investigations Group. Rob also sits on the firm's Partnership Board and on its International Committee.
His practice covers a wide range of contentious work including mainstream financial services and financial institutions disputes, along with regulatory investigations, enforcement and disciplinary proceedings. Much of this work is fed from his relationships with investment and clearing banks, as well as a number of hedge funds and other financial institutions. Rob also has experience of all aspects of litigation relating to fraud claims.
Recent and current cases include:
- leading the Travers Smith team advising (with Lord Grabiner QC) the Oversight Committee of the Bank of England in connection with its investigation into the role of Bank officials in relation to conduct issues in the foreign exchange market
- representing Sebastian Holdings Inc. in its multi-billion dollar claim in the Commercial Court against Deutsche Bank arising from a series of exotic derivatives transactions
- a multi-million pound claim brought by several former shareholders of a major UK company alleging deceit, conspiracy and breach of duty by various former directors
- advising London Mining plc in disputes with its joint venture partner in investments in China
- representing a major hedge fund in an FSA investigation into alleged insider dealing and market abuse
Rob is ranked in Chambers UK, and is described as "everything you could want in a City solicitor", "a class act", "very experienced", "a fantastic litigator who provides clear and commercially sensible advice", who "has a very good manner with clients". He is described by the Legal 500 UK as a "rising star", who is "excellent", "calm, practical and incisive".