Siân qualified at Travers Smith in 1996, and became a partner in 2003. Her experience covers the full range of employment law as well as corporate immigration issues and she advises on all aspects of employment litigation, including High Court actions.
Siân regularly provides diversity training to both HR professionals and line managers. She is also a member of Travers Smith's diversity board.
Siân's recent work includes:
- defending a valuable collective redundancy consultation claim
- advising on and managing a 15 jurisdiction cross border employment project for an international client
- drafting and amending agency contracts for the supply of temporary workers
- advising on a complex cross border dual employment situation
- advising on the use of garden leave provisions
- advising an employer company on a range of redundancy issues arising out of a head-count reduction and reorganisation
- negotiating the employment aspects of a major outsourcing contract
- advising on the application of TUPE to an offshore outsourcing arrangement
- advising on a team move and enforcing post termination restrictive covenants
- assisting clients to become registered sponsors and comply with the UK Immigration regime
Her regular clients include AIG, Metro Bank, the Association of British Insurers, Western Union and BNP Paribas Real Estate.
Siân regularly speaks at client seminars and external conferences on a range of topics including redundancy, discrimination, flexible working, maternity/adoption/paternity and parental leave, and the Transfer of Undertakings Regulations.
Siân appears regularly in the media (TV, radio and print media) and most recently was interviewed on BBC Radio 4´s Moneybox programme and Sky News.
Siân is the General Editor of Employment and Labour Law: Jurisdictional Comparison (a Thomson Reuters publication) and a member of the European Employment Lawyers Association and the Industrial Law Society.
Siân is ranked as a leading individual in Who’s Who Legal: Management Labour & Employment.