Simon joined Travers Smith in 1995, becoming a partner in 2000. Simon advises on sales, purchases, lettings and development of commercial property.
Simon’s experience includes:
- Advising CALA Homes management in connection with the sale of Patron Haut LP's majority share of the housebuilder to Legal and General's investment arm, giving L&G full ownership.
- Advising Westrock on the acquisition of PRS development sites in Cardiff, Crawley and Sheffield and the forward sale to Invesco of a PRS scheme in Exeter.
- Advising on Bridgepoint's acquisition of Miller Homes for £655 million.
- Advising Amcorp Properties on its joint venture arrangements with Native Land and Grosvenor in relation to the acquisition of Pavilion D Neo Bankside London, its joint venture with Native Land and others in relation to the acquisition and development of 30 Old Burlington Street Mayfair London, its joint venture arrangements with Native Land and others in relation to the acquisition and development of Campden Hill Kensington London, its acquisition of a block of residential apartments at Merchant Square Paddington Basin London and its disposal of two office buildings at 40 & 50 Eastbourne Terrace Paddington London.
- Advising on a joint venture between Fimalac and the Hearst Corporation on the acquisition and development of 30 North Colonnade Canary Wharf London and the letting of it to KPMG and Fitch Ratings.
- Advising M&L Hospitality on the acquisition and development of two hotels on the Manchester University campus.
- Advising McCarthy & Stone on the sale of numerous ground rent portfolios to institutional buyers.
- Advising Patron Capital on the acquisition and development of two flagship hotels at Westfield´s Stratford City London and its subsequent sale of these, its acquisition of a portfolio of a petrol stations and its acquisition and development of numerous care homes in England and its disposal of these to various, a US REIT, UK Pension Fund, and other institutional investors.
- Advising Voreda Capital in relation to its joint venture arrangements with Imperial College of Science Technology and Medicine for the acquisition and development of a 600 room student accommodation facility at Imperial West White City London, in relation to the acquisition and development of a research and innovation hub, and the development of a 36 storey residential accommodation tower both at Imperial West.