Stephanie has 15 years' experience as a trusted adviser to alternative asset managers. She has most recently been advising clients on:
- the UK and EU regulatory aspects of major fundraisings, including structuring and marketing issues
- the implementation of all aspects of MiFID II
- the implications of the AIFMD anti-asset stripping rules
- compliance with MLD4
- sensitive conflicts of interest issues
- regulatory capital matters
- the acquisition of regulated businesses, including complex change in control filings
- the likely impact of Brexit on asset management businesses
Stephanie has advised multiple U.S. and global private fund sponsors seeking to establish a presence in the UK/EU, working with several such clients to put in place global compliance programmes.
Stephanie has been a member of the BVCA Legal & Accounting Committee for 10 years and also sits on the InvestEurope financial services/regulatory working group. In that capacity, she engages with government, regulators and legislators on behalf of the industry. She is recommended by Legal 500 and is individually recognised in Who's Who Legal: Private Funds (Regulatory), which recently named Travers Smith as the leading firm in this area for the third year running.
Stephanie worked with Impetus-The Private Equity Foundation on a pro bono basis to design and implement one of the first social impact bonds in the UK.
Prior to joining Travers Smith in 2014, Stephanie was a partner at a leading U.S. law firm. Stephanie graduated from the University of Reading with first class honours and also holds a post-graduate diploma in financial services law.