Stephanie has 15 years' experience as a trusted adviser to alternative asset managers. She has most recently been advising clients on:
- the UK and EU regulatory aspects of major fundraisings, including structuring and marketing issues
- the implementation of all aspects of MiFID II
- the implications of the AIFMD anti-asset stripping rules
- compliance with MLD4
- sensitive conflicts of interest issues
- regulatory capital matters
- the acquisition of regulated businesses, including complex change in control filings
- the likely impact of Brexit on asset management businesses
Stephanie has advised multiple U.S. and global private fund sponsors seeking to establish a presence in the UK/EU, working with several such clients to put in place global compliance programmes.
Stephanie has been a member of the BVCA Legal & Accounting Committee for 10 years and also sits on the InvestEurope financial services/regulatory working group. In that capacity, she engages with government, regulators and legislators on behalf of the industry. She is individually recognised in Who's Who Legal: Private Funds (Regulatory), which recently named Travers Smith as the leading firm in this area for the third year running.
Stephanie worked with Impetus-The Private Equity Foundation on a pro bono basis to design and implement one of the first social impact bonds in the UK.
Prior to joining Travers Smith in 2014, Stephanie was a partner at a leading U.S. law firm. Stephanie graduated from the University of Reading with first class honours and also holds a post-graduate diploma in financial services law.