Will trained at Travers Smith, spending 4 years in the firm´s London office before relocating to Paris in 2006 and becoming a partner in 2012. Will has a broad corporate practice area and is a member of the firm´s Corporate Finance and Private Equity and Financial Sponsors groups.
His clients include institutional investors and UK and overseas quoted and private companies. His practice is based on a mixture of UK and international M&A work. He also specialises in private equity and, in particular, in UK and international buy-out, early-stage and development capital work as well as joint ventures, corporate restructurings and general advisory work.
As well as acting for institutional investors and management teams on investments and divestments, Will regularly advises private equity-backed companies on M&A and other corporate matters.
Recent work includes advising:
- Orange on the acquisition of Sun Communications, the leading Moldovan Pay TV provider
- Florette (a subsidiary of Group Agrial) on the acquisition of ready-to-eat beetroot producer Axgro Foods Limited
- Arkadin on the acquisition of Applicable Limited, a leading provider of cloud-based software and enterprise voice services
- LVMH and Groupe Arnault in connection with the formation of L Catterton, a new investment firm which expects to grow its assets under management to more than $12bn
- Gerflor, the worldwide flooring group, in connection with its acquisition of the UK flooring business Gradus
- DP World on the acquisition of a 49% stake in DP World Southampton from Associated British Ports and the extension of a licence agreement in respect of the 86 hectare Southampton terminal
- Estover Energy in connection with the £138m financing of a new biomass Combined Heat and Power plant in Cramlington, Northumberland
- Vilmorin & CIE S.A. on the sale of their UK subsidiary, Suttons Seeds
- Milestone Investisseurs on the acquisition of three leading French brands from Reckitt-Benckiser
- Estover Energy on the equity investment by John Laing and UK Green Investment Bank in the £74million Speyside CHP project
- LVMH on its acquisition of Hotel Saint-Barth Isle de France
- Milestone Capital Partners on the management buy-out of ITX
- Milestone Capital Partners on its sale of Cadum to L´Oréal
- ForFarmers Group on the €81m acquisition of BOCM Pauls
- Maurel & Prom on the US$748 million disposal of Hocol to Ecopetrol and the CAD$300 million sale of Caroil to Tuscany Drilling
- Groupe Arnault on its investment in Lyst Limited