Andrew is Senior Counsel and Head of Property Disputes at Travers Smith. He has considerable experience of acting in property and related disputes including development, planning, sales, purchases and other areas of property work. He is highly regarded in this area. The Legal 500 refers to him as ‘pragmatic’ and his team as providing a ‘very good service’.
Recent disputes and advisory work in which Andrew has acted include:
- Acting for Bath Rugby Club in successfully opposing an application to register the Recreation Ground in Bath, including the club’s ground, as a town or village green. This prevented restrictions being imposed that would have inhibited use of the ground.
- Acting for Teddington Studios Limited in a claim for removal of telecommunications equipment from its studios which benefitted from security of tenure under the Telecommunications Act 1984. This enabled the obtaining of vacant possession of the studios site. It is a comparatively rare example of a landowner successfully removing telecommunications equipment through the procedure set out in the Electronic Communications Code.
- Acting for Fine Food Capital Limited in dealing with the assignments of restaurant leases out of the administration of a restaurant and hotel group.
- Advising Pinewood and Shepperton plc on disputes relating to Pinewood Studios including tenancy issues and the construction of new film studios.
- Regularly advising on and acting in disputes relating to development sites throughout the country including possession claims under the Landlord and Tenant Act 1954, nuisance disputes concerning rights of way and light and clearance of restrictive covenants from titles to land.