Ashley specialises in technology, IP and data protection and advises clients in the technology, pensions, retail and financial services sectors. She has a wide range of experience advising clients on complex data privacy and confidentiality issues (including in respect of business critical data breaches). She also advises clients on IT implementations, software development and licensing issues.
Ashley has particular experience and expertise in handling complex and demanding business separation exercises in support of M&A transactions.
Selected experience includes:
- Advising numerous clients on day to day data protection related issues including compliance with the GDPR (clients include Micro Focus, Target, e-Front and Bridgepoint).
- Advising TES Global on the harmonisation of its terms and conditions for numerous online products and services.
- Advising Tullett Prebon on the development, implementation, licence and hosting of a business critical software solution.
- Advising on the IP aspects of the sale by TA Associates of its stake in Cath Kidston.
- Assisting on numerous business disposals by Ascential including the sale of Media Business Insight, Emap Limited, Health Services Journal and Infrastructure Journal (in particular in respect of the separation aspects of each sale and the provision of transitional services post completion).
From client Bridgepoint (Ben Marten):
"We also frequently instruct Ashley Avery on IT and data privacy matters. She gives us excellent advice every time and always goes the extra mile to understand and provide for our commercial context. She is also a great person to work with and has even managed to make us laugh during GDPR advice calls - no mean feat!"