Sarah qualified in September 2011 into the commercial property team at Berwin Leighton Paisner, subsequently joining the real estate team as a senior associate at Travers Smith in November 2016 and being promoted to Senior Counsel in January 2019.
Since joining Travers Smith, Sarah has routinely led on the real estate aspects of corporate real estate and real estate finance transactions, acting for both buyer/seller and lender/borrower. Sarah brings a wide breadth of experience, having acted for a wide range of property funds and lenders in her career including Barclays, Lloyds, DekaBank, Deutsche Bank and M&G.
Sarah's experience includes a range of core and alternative asset classes from retail, office and healthcare, to infrastructure. Sarah routinely advises funds such as Clearbell Capital and Lothbury Property Trust Company in all aspects of the property life cycle. In the alternative asset space, Sarah has considerable healthcare experience acting predominantly for Impact REIT plc.
Sarah has recently expanded her practice to include CVA work and she has acted on a number of high profile CVA deals including Carpetright, Carluccios and Powerleague.
Sarah’s experience includes:
- Advising Impact REIT PLC in connection with the real estate aspects of their original IPO and £140m seed portfolio acquisition.
- Advising Impact REIT PLC on its subsequent care home acquisitions, including a portfolio sale and leaseback from and to Prestige Care Group, and financing of a significant part of the portfolio with Metro Bank for £50m.
- Advising on the CVA of Carpetright (which included a £60m equity raise and a £15m shareholder loan and refinance of its property portfolio), Carluccio's and Powerleague.
- Advising Breedon Group in connection with the real estate aspects of their £450m acquisition of the Lagan Group and in connection with the sale of various ready mix quarry sites in return for 4 quarries with Tarmac PLC.
- Advising Bridgepoint on the real estate aspects of their sale of Pret a Manger to JAB Holdings for £1.5bn, marking the end of Bridgepoint's decade of ownership.
- Advising Clearbell on the £20m acquisition of Edmund House, Birmingham.
- Advising Lothbury on the sales of let retail premises, acquisitions, lettings, regears and asset management work.