Ed is a partner in the Travers Smith Funds team.
Ed specialises in advising private markets participants on raising, structuring and deploying private capital. This includes:
- Advising GPs on all aspects of fund formation and carried interest structuring across of a diverse range of alternative strategies, including private equity, private debt/credit, special situations, infrastructure and real estate.
- Structuring secondary market solutions (including GP-led and LP-led secondary transactions, preferred equity financings and other structured secondary transactions).
- Advising institutional investors on their alternative deployment programmes (including primary fund investments, co-investments and secondary investments).
Ed is recognised as a 'Next Generation Partner' in The Legal 500 2022.
Ed is recognised as one of Europe's 'Private Equity Rising Stars' in Legal Week's 2020 Private Equity Rising Stars feature.
Ed was recognised as a 'Rising Star' in The Legal 500 2019-2021.
Ed is at the forefront of the secondaries market, demonstrated in a number of recent articles and materials he has co-written or featured in:
- Private Equity International Keynote Interview: Concentrated deals gather pace
- Private Funds CFO: Preferred equity vs secondaries transactions: The GP’s choice
- Private Equity International Expert Commentary: Inside dual-track fund liquidity processes
- Private Equity International Keynote Interview: Accessing liquidity in the secondaries market
- Travers Smith on Liquidity Solutions video
- Travers Smith: What’s in your liquidity toolkit for 2020 and beyond?
- Travers Smith: Preferred equity as a portfolio-wide liquidity option