Sam is a partner in the Funds Department. He has over 20 years' experience advising on investment funds projects and has been a partner at Travers Smith since 2008.
He specialises in fund formation work for a wide range of private funds and asset management clients, predominantly in the private equity, private debt/credit, infrastructure, and real estate sectors.
He also works on GP-led transactions and secondaries (both buy-side and sell-side), carried interest arrangements and co-investment schemes, advising institutional investors on their participation in funds and internal restructurings such as succession planning and management spin-outs.
The industry leading publications Sam has contributed to this year include:
- Private Funds Management
- Private Equity International
- Chambers Global Practice Guide on Investment Funds.
Sam was also involved in speaker opportunities and training sessions such as:
- Invest Europe fund structuring workshops and secondaries seminars
- speaker at SuperInvestor conference in Amsterdam
- Allocate Private Capital conference.