Top tier firm for Commercial Contracts - Legal 500, 2014
We advise on a wide variety of commercial agreements, ranging from agency and distribution arrangements to franchising, advertising and marketing, supply of goods and services and all aspects of trading law (see below for more detail). We have been rated a band one firm for Commercial Contracts by Chambers UK, 2014 and a top tier firm for Commercial Contracts by the Legal 500, 2013.
"Travers Smith LLP... draws praise for its 'varied experience' and 'in-depth understanding of industry dynamics and appreciation of how best to tailor advice to the commercial realities of a business relationship'..."
The Legal 500
We have recently advised:
- Shepherd Neame, the UK´s oldest brewer, on the outsourcing of the UK brewing of Asahi Super Dry lager and Kingfisher lager
- Metro Bank, the first new UK high street bank for over 100 years, on the key outsourcing and supply arrangements necessary to establish the business
- easyBus/Arriva, on the complex reorganisation of its bus operations serving Gatwick, Luton and Stansted Airports
- Martin McColl, the largest convenience store chain in the UK on its key supply arrangements
- Dorset Cereals, on plans to expand outside the UK, including Commercial Agents Regulations
- Moto Hospitality on a fuel purchasing agreement with BP
Other active clients include SSP, Peel Holdings, Red Bee Media (formerly BBC Broadcast), Pinewood Studios, Vestey Foods Group, and Blacks Leisure.
We have listed below the main categories of commercial contract on which we commonly advise. It is not an exhaustive list, so if you can't find the type of agreement on which you need advice, contact one of the Commercial Partners to find out what experience we have and how we can help.
- Endorsement and sponsorship
- Facilities management
- Services agreements (including transitional services)
- Standard terms of supply or purchase
- Bespoke supply arrangements