Our Equity Capital Markets work covers initial public offerings (IPOs), secondary issues (including rights issues, open offers, vendor placings and capitalisations) and related matters (including block trades, capital reorganisations, share buy-backs and demergers).
For two years running our ECM team completed more European IPOs than any other London firm, and we are amongst the highest ranked firms in the legal directories for Corporate M&A.
Our ECM team includes a London-based US Securities Law Group, meaning that as well as being able to advise on all UK aspects of any equity offering, we are also able to advise issuers, underwriters and other market participants on securities offerings in the United States.
"Travers Smith is very much seen as an extension of our internal team; they not only helped us to set up our business and successfully complete the IPO in a challenging market, but did so with complete dedication, uncompromising support and in good humour."
Andrew Jones, Chief Executive Officer, Metric
We routinely act for issuers, bookrunners, sponsors, management teams and selling shareholders on IPOs and secondary market transactions, of which the following are representative examples:
Main Market and AIM IPO work in the last two years include advising:
- Hostelworld, Ranger Direct Lending and Maxcyte on their IPOs
- the sponsor and bookrunner on the IPOs of Xafinity and Eurocell
- the management teams on the IPOs of Ascential, Pure Gym, BCA and Revolution Bars
- the majority shareholder on the IPOs of the Gym Group and Marshall Motors
- the sponsors on the “AIM to Main” transactions for Markettech and Pure Circle
- the nomad and broker on the IPOs of Hotel Chocolat, Draper Esprit, Shield Therapeutics and Purple Bricks
Secondary issues in the last two years include advising:
- Zoopla Property Group (ZPG) on its placing to part fund the acquisition of Hometrack
- eServGlobal on its placing and open offer
- placings by Benchmark and Breedon
- the bookrunners on fundraisings by Playtech, Chesnara, Sanne, NCC Group, easyHotel and Learning Technologies Group
- on block trades relating to the Gym Group, Hostelworld, Plus500, SuperGroup and AutoTrader