Our Financial Institutions Lending Group is best known for its skills and experience on complex and highly structured transactions.
It is with this background that we have been able to advise both lender and borrower clients in a wide range of finance sectors, including:
- debt purchase
- trade finance
- mortgage lending
- consumer finance
- specialty finance
- investment trusts.
What differentiates us from other law firms is our sector specific expertise, whether that is in relation to borrowing base facilities on debt purchase deals, loan covenant package on second mortgage deals or international trade regulations on trade finance deals.
The group is led by a small team of partners who have extensive financial institutions experience, an attribute which not only brings in-depth technical and commercial knowledge but also a consistency of adviser which clients value. And to ensure an integrated approach, all financial institutions transactions are scoped at the outset so that relevant specialists are involved to provide the best advice in a co-ordinated manner.
We provide the full range of services for a successful financial institutions transaction including advising on:
- facilities agreements
- UK law security arrangements and, in conjunction with a selected network of foreign law firms, overseas law security arrangements
- intercreditor agreements between, senior lenders, hedge providers, mezzanine lenders, loan note holders and intercompany lenders
- loan notes, warrants and equity arrangements
- related tax, intellectual property, commercial, real estate, regulatory, financial services and markets and employment advice.
Our clients include major banks, non-bank financial institutions, subordinated lenders, private equity houses, companies and overseas law firms.
We have advised:
- Shawbrook Bank Limited in relation to the provision of debt facilities in excess of £50,000,000 to various specialist consumer finance lenders
- a club of lenders on the refinancing and subsequent repayment of the debt facilities made available to Cabot Financial
- Macquarie Bank on the debt facilities made available to Trade Finance Partners
- BrightHouse (and Vision Capital) on the refinancing of their debt facilities
- a club of lenders on the debt facilities made available to CapQuest Investments
- The Royal Bank of Scotland plc on the debt facilities made available to F&C Private Equity Trust plc
- 1st Credit (and Bridgepoint) on the refinancing of their debt facilities
- The Royal Bank of Scotland International Limited on the debt facilities made available to Atlantis Japan Growth Fund Limited
- a club of lenders on the debt facilities made available to Arrow Global
"They're incredibly commercial and interested in getting a deal done, overcoming obstacles and getting to what is really important..."
Chambers UK, 2018